Our client is a fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing company with an unique Business Model driving a solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. One of their 80+ business units manufactures and supplies specialty and innovative chemicals for the automotive aftermarket around the globe serving markets in Europe, Middle East, Russia, Asia and Africa.
We are looking for their next HR generalist for their site in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium.
The HR Generalist will be the first in line for all HR related questions and will proactively support employees to drive execution of our client business model and provide superior employee experience. Our ideal candidate leads by example on the company values and is a real ambassador of the company culture.
The HR Generalist will support the HR management of the division, covering all phases of the employee lifecycle: talent acquisition, onboarding, personnel administration, performance
management, talent management, rewards and recognition, employee development and engagement, employee relations and company culture.
The HR Generalist will report to a HRBP.
– Payroll and administration
o You prepare the monthly payroll for all employees in collaboration with the payroll provider in Belgium, in UK & France.
o Contribution to the “one payroll” project, driving simplification in all the countries.
o You manage the time registration system and will be the divisional go-to person for all time registration related questions (as a subject matter expert).
o You’re responsible for all HR related administrations (contracts, certificates, etc) in your scope of countries.
o You are the first in the line of defense with respect to all HR/payroll related questions from employees.
o Assist the accountancy team with the correct data for accurate reporting.
o You will be in charge of all personnel files and accurate online/offline archive.
o You are responsible for HR data accuracy in all systems (HRIS, Database etc).
– Recruitment & onboarding
o Be the sparring partner of the local plant manager with respect to the temp workers and temp agencies.
o You will work together with the hiring manager on the job descriptions and will do the screening and first interview of the candidates, make your recommendation regarding selection process.
o You are responsible for the onboarding organization in your scope of countries, partnering with hiring manager, IT and other departments.
– HR Services A-Z
o Proactively answer HR related questions from line managers & employees, keeping in mind the company values.
– Bachelor ́s degree in Human Resources or related field.
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience operating in a generalist HR role with ideally 1 year in a manufacturing environment.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary, as well as the ability to build networks of contacts externally and internally.
– Excellent time and project management, must have a sense of urgency, able to prioritize including the ability to manage competing priorities.
– Ability to understand business strategy and its HR implication.
– Prior experience operating across Europe is a plus; sensitivity to cultural differences is a must have.
– Fluent in Dutch, English and French (writing, speaking, listening, reading).
– Proficiency with Microsoft-Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
– Open to travel in Europe as needed to build strong working relationships within the business leaders and the HR team (up to 15% travel).
Référence : LP-0381