Safety/Quality & Environment Manager
Our client is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $12.6 billion in 2020. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 43,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. To learn more about the company and the ITW Business Model, visit www.itw.com.
Our client, one of 80+ business units owned by ITW, manufactures and supplies specialty and innovative chemicals for the automotive aftermarket. Automotive Aftermarket Europ manufacture products in Spain and Belgium, and commercialize around the globe serving markets in Europe, Middle East, Russia, Asia, and Africa.
Our client is looking for its SHEQ (Safety, Helth, Environment and Quality) Coordinator for its factory located in Spain in the Basque Country. The SHEQ Coordinator ensures operations are conducted in an incident and injury free cultur and in conformance to law and company safety regulations by integrating and implementin company and third-party QHSE policies and procedures. Performs reporting, risk assessment and auditing and observes all QHSE related activities and policies within the Spanish plan while coordinating the activities for the different geographies, as leader for the division.
– Leads QHSE for the business in the different geographies, defines long term plan strategy
and annual plans for SHEQ in the division, to contribute to achievement of long- and short-
term goals as a business.
– Leads Monthly Divisional Safety Committees and key divisional projects instrumental to
achieve strategic goals withing SHEQ function.
– Coordinates international and remote teams supporting SHEQ in our division.
– Managing, monitoring, and controlling the Quality system and certification
– Perform internal audits including the follow-up and reporting of the status of detected
– First point of contact for external audits.
– Ensure optimal QHSE performance by setting & monitoring Key Performance Indicators,
gathering relevant data and producing reports for the management review.
– Act as Prevention Advisor and Environment Coordinator.
– Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, to ensure
compliance with HSE standards and legislation/government regulations.
– Carrying out risk assessments.
– Accident/incident reporting, perform post-incident investigations and determine how
such incidents might be prevented in future.
– Create a ‘safety first’ culture and awareness and help to protect employees from
potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
– Development of safety plans (e.g prevention plan, emergency plan; etc.) and
define/undertake actions to execute the plans.
– Coordinate quarterly meetings with First Aid and First Intervention teams and follow up
that the necessary trainings are done.
– First point of contact for all HSE matters, internally and externally, e.g., in case of HSE
inspections and audits.
– Manage, review and update HSE documentation, e.g., registers, procedures, instructions,
– Submit HSE declarations and reports in line with requirements, both internally and
– Follow the necessary training to remain up to date about all relevant HSE matters.
– Conduct QHSE training and education programs and demonstrate the use of safety
– Provide new-employee QHSE orientations and develop materials for these presentations.
– Follow up on safety, ADR, environment, … legislation and ensure adherence to it.
Qualifications: Health & Safety is required. Bachelor’s degree related area.
• Prevention Advisor 2 is required + additional HSE certificates (First Aid, ADR…).
• Environment Coordinator Type A.
Experience: 5 years of experience in QHSE role
• You are familiar with the international ISO standard norms ISO 9001, ISO14001, IATF
• QHSE legislation/regulation
Languages: fluent both in Spanish and English
• Strong entrepreneurial mind, self-motivated, takes initiative.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with all levels within
• Must exhibit high energy, flexibility, and results orientation.
• Works autonomously (self-starter), but with the necessary team-spirit.
• Excellent communication skills and client focus
• Ability to identify problems and drive appropriate and effective solutions.
• Hands-on approach and strong work ethic.
• Smile and good interpersonal relations.
• Sense of priorities.
• Analytical mindset and strong orientation to detail.
• Eager to learn and remain updated about legislation changes.
• Accuracy and deliberate work attitude.
• Ability to influence and convince others.
• Being example of “Safety first” mindset.
• Drive for excellence
Référence : LP-0472